Saturday, May 31, 2008

What is a Man

One day, a man came up
to me and asked me
“What is a Man”,
I scolded that scoundrel
Over such a stupid want.

In the evening, when I
Returned back home
And thought over the same
“What is a Man”,
seems to be a confusing game.

Man is a flower, I thought
But flower gives nectar
To others, while
Man sucks others blood

I thought, Man is a tree
But tree gives shelter
To others, while
Man destroys others home.

Man is soil, I thought
But soil gives food
To others, while
Man takes away others food.

Just then a little child came
up to me and told me
“When I’ll be a man
I’ll become a soldier
And shall defend my country".

Hearing this, I felt,
Myself a confused lot
On the two aspects of man

To me this statement
Is a big question mark
And even a man cannot tell
“What is a Man.”

2 comments:

  1. good attempt.. next time I come across some good poetry, I shall share the links with you.. for now a simple suggestion, some of the best contemporary poems I have read didn't have lines of constant length or even the rhyming words..

    ReplyDelete